Inspiration for me can come from anywhere. Sometimes it can the simplest or most unlikely thing that can set off the idea for a new product, design or colour combination. Having said that, today’s mood board was inspired by a pretty obvious image!
When I first saw image 5 on the mood board below I loved the combination of shiny metallics and soft pastel colours. I think when we usually think ‘metallic’ we think gold, silver, bronze or any metal toned colour. So what I loved about this image was that an unexpected combination worked so well together!
This set my brain whirring and I thought about how fantastic a venue dressed in metallic pastels would look. You have the softness and prettiness of the pastels with the glam edge of the metallics. I think metallic pastels would work fantastically for almost any event; a stylish wedding, a modern baby shower, or a trendy birthday.
I think the key to achieving this look successfully is to decide how far you want to go with it. I personally would have the shiny metallics dotted about with slightly more emphasis on the pastel colours.
- I’m thinking tassel garlands with a few metallic tassels placed in the garland
- Shiny tins or gilt vases with soft pastel blooms
- I love the different sized balloons on my Pinterest board with their hint of metallic colour
- Of course no event would be complete without straws – you could combine your chosen metallic colour with your pastels;
- Table wear and cutlery is the perfect way to bring in a metallic feel – these paired against a pastel table cloth or runner would look stunning.
There are tons of ways you can achieve this look, I’ve shown you some in the mood board below, but as always take a look at the Pinterest board for more fab ideas!
1. Dessert Table | 2. Table Setting | 3. Dresses | 4. Floral Centrepiece | 5. Place Setting | 6. Nails | 7. Tassel Garland | 8. Party Horns | 9. Floral Centrepiece
I would love to know if you’ve considered a metallic pastel theme – let me know over on my Facebook page!